Did you know that particle size matters when it comes to air quality? Particles floating around in the air include allergens, pollen, mold spores, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), bacteria, and viruses, and can be harmful to a person’s health if they enter the lungs. Within this range of airborne particles, the smallest are defined as ultrafine particles, which are less than 100 nanometers (or 0.1 microns) in diameter and are typically the most abundant type of air pollution, especially indoors.
While a typical air purifier can clean the air, these ultrafine particles are often too small to be effectively captured by HEPA standard air purifiers and other filters on the market today. For example, HEPA standards offer 99.97% filtration down to 300 nanometers, resulting in some of these smaller particles, such as viruses, slipping through the filters.
How the G200 Can Help
Designed for offices, healthcare facilities, and temporary residences like hotels and dormitories, the Celios G200 Advanced Air Purifier can capture ultrafine particles down to 10 nanometers (or .01 micron) in size. Celios’ patented technology provides up to 99.99999% filtration efficiency. That’s up to 30 times smaller than HEPA standards and up to 3,000 times more efficient.
The G200’s next-generation patented 3-stage filtration process can also provide ultra-purified air that exceeds Class 1 cleanroom air quality standards in a portable air purifier that’s easy to use and maintain. The Core Filter captures ultrafine particulates down to 10 nanometers in size, delivering cleanroom-quality air without outgassing. At the same time, the Granulated Activated Carbon Filter is an oversized filter for adsorbing gases, VOCs, and odors, while the Pre Filter removes the larger air pollution particles, including dust mites, pollen, and pet dander.
What Can the G200 Capture?
With various particles that affect indoor air quality, below are some of the pollutants and viruses that the G200 can capture.
- Viruses: Viruses typically range in size from approximately 20 to 400 nanometers. Celios captures particles down to 10 nanometers — well below the size of most viruses. The Celios G200 is also effective at capturing the SARS-CoV-2 virus. (1)
- Bacteria: In a leading third-party laboratory, Celios has proven its ability to capture airborne bacteria, which is typically around 3 micrometers.
- Allergens: Particles well below the size of the tiniest common allergens such as cat dander, dust mites, and mold spores (typically < 3 microns) are captured by Celios’ proprietary filtration system, which delivers next-generation air cleaning efficiency without generating any foul odors or outgassing.
- VOCs: Celios captures volatile organic compounds (VOCs), odors, and gases with its oversized granular activated carbon filter.
For more information on the Celios G200, visit our blog to learn more about how the technology’s three filters work?
(1) The Celios G200 Advanced Air Purifier meets the performance and labeling requirements provided in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s March 2020 Enforcement Policy for Sterilizers, Disinfectant Devices, and Air Purifiers During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency, published March, 2020 (the Celios G200 Advanced Air Purifier has not been cleared by the FDA). Specifically, the Celios G200 Advanced Air Purifier has demonstrated up to 99.99999% filtration efficiency of ultrafine airborne particulate matter and is capable of filtering particles down to 10 nanometers in size. The Celios G200 Advanced Air Purifier has also demonstrated up to 99.99999% virus filtration efficiency of ΦX174, a small bacteriophage virus with a maximum diameter of ~32 nanometers.
The G200 Advanced Air Purifier is not intended to prevent or protect from any form of illness or disease (or otherwise). To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this fan with any solid-state speed control device. Unplug or disconnect the appliance from the power supply before servicing. The appliance is only to be used with the power supply unit provided and it must only be supplied with voltage corresponding to the marking on the appliance. Do not operate any fan with a damaged cord or plug. Discard fan or return to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or similar covers. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic areas and where it will not be tripped over. Do not allow children to operate the G200 Advanced Air Purifier or play near the G200 Advanced Air Purifier. Only plug the power cord into a standard electrical outlet. Do not use outdoors. Do not immerse the G200 Advanced Air Purifier in liquid and do not handle the G200 Advanced Air Purifier with wet hands. Do not insert a finger or foreign object into the airflow openings. Do not use the G200 Advanced Air Purifier in toxic or explosive environments or where flammable or combustible gases are present.